2022 Reading Goals and Review Criteria:
2022 Goals and Progress:
- Read 72 books:
- Read (at least) 25 books that I physically own:
- Read more historical fiction:
- Read (at least) 5 classic novels:
- Read (at least) 5 books in Spanish:
- The Help
- Call Your Daughter Home
Most Recently Enjoyed:
- Cajas de cartón
When I review the books that I finish, this is how I will structure the information and insights that I share:
- Year of Publication:
- Format: How did I read the book? (Paperback, audiobook, etc.)
- Themes: What were the important takeaways from the story? What messages will stick with me?
- Character Development: How did the characters grow and change throughout the story?
- Plot/Pacing: Did the story hold my attention the whole time? Was it predictable?
- Writing Style: Was there anything unique or especially engaging about the writing style or literary devices used?
- “Bingeability”: How hard was it to put down? *Note: this criteria is not necessarily a reflection of quality, but an important characteristic to note nevertheless when describing the reading experience.
- Emotional Investment: How connected did I feel to the story? To the characters?
- Windows and Mirrors: This criteria assesses the diversity of representation (of people or experiences) in a book and is totally subjective. Was it a window into someone else’s experience or a reflection (mirror) of my own?
- Overall Thoughts: My general thoughts on the book.
- Recommendation: If I recommend the book and for whom I recommend it. For children’s books, if I recommend them for children and/or classroom use.
Latest from the Blog
Welcome to another week of Top 10 Tuesday! Check out my latest post to see my take on this week’s prompt!
Check out my reading wrap-up for 2021!
Check out my reading wrap-up for the month of December!
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.