2021 Reading Goals and Review Criteria:
2021 Goals and Progress:
- Read 72 books:
- Read (at least) 5 classic novels:
- Read more non-fiction:
- Read (at least) 5 books in Spanish:
- A Wrinkle in Time
- And the Mountains Echoed
Most Recently Enjoyed:
When I review the books that I finish, this is how I will structure the information and insights that I share:
- Year of Publication:
- Format: How did I read the book? (Paperback, audiobook, etc.)
- Themes: What were the important takeaways from the story? What messages will stick with me?
- Character Development: How did the characters grow and change throughout the story?
- Plot/Pacing: Did the story hold my attention the whole time? Was it predictable?
- Writing Style: Was there anything unique or especially engaging about the writing style or literary devices used?
- “Bingeability”: How hard was it to put down? *Note: this criteria is not necessarily a reflection of quality, but an important characteristic to note nevertheless when describing the reading experience.
- Emotional Investment: How connected did I feel to the story? To the characters?
- Windows and Mirrors: This criteria assesses the diversity of representation (of people or experiences) in a book and is totally subjective. Was it a window into someone else’s experience or a reflection (mirror) of my own?
- Overall Thoughts: My general thoughts on the book.
- Recommendation: If I recommend the book and for whom I recommend it. For children’s books, if I recommend them for children and/or classroom use.
Latest from the Blog
Welcome to Top 10 Tuesday! This is a weekly challenge hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl, and this week’s challenge is about books with nature on the cover!
This was such a fun prompt! At first, I was trying to think of books with flowers or greenery on the cover. But then I realized that nature could mean so many different things! I had so much fun scrolling through my “Read” shelf on Goodreads looking for beautiful depictions of nature. So, here are my top 10 in no particular order!
Welcome to Top 10 Tuesday! This is a weekly challenge hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl, and this week’s challenge is about my most recent reads!
I’ve been a little behind on my blogging lately, but I’ve still been managing to read in my (minimal) spare time! Thank goodness for being able to listen to audiobooks during my commute to work. Here are the 10 books I’ve read most recently!
As May begins, I’m taking time to reflect on my reading and blogging during the month of April. I blogged less and read more, but I learned a lot and am excited to make some changes moving forward! Read my blog post to learn more!
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.