2021 Reading Goals and Review Criteria:
2021 Goals and Progress:
- Read 72 books:
- Read (at least) 5 classic novels:
- Read more non-fiction:
- Read (at least) 5 books in Spanish:
- The Unwanteds
- Cajas de cartón
- The Flatshare
Most Recently Enjoyed:
- Old Yeller
When I review the books that I finish, this is how I will structure the information and insights that I share:
- Year of Publication:
- Format: How did I read the book? (Paperback, audiobook, etc.)
- Themes: What were the important takeaways from the story? What messages will stick with me?
- Character Development: How did the characters grow and change throughout the story?
- Plot/Pacing: Did the story hold my attention the whole time? Was it predictable?
- Writing Style: Was there anything unique or especially engaging about the writing style or literary devices used?
- “Bingeability”: How hard was it to put down? *Note: this criteria is not necessarily a reflection of quality, but an important characteristic to note nevertheless when describing the reading experience.
- Emotional Investment: How connected did I feel to the story? To the characters?
- Windows and Mirrors: This criteria assesses the diversity of representation (of people or experiences) in a book and is totally subjective. Was it a window into someone else’s experience or a reflection (mirror) of my own?
- Overall Thoughts: My general thoughts on the book.
- Recommendation: If I recommend the book and for whom I recommend it. For children’s books, if I recommend them for children and/or classroom use.
Latest from the Blog
This week’s book: The Good Turn
This week’s travel destination(s): Sydney, Australia
Welcome to another week of Top 10 Tuesday! Check out my latest post to see my take on this week’s prompt!
Check out my reading wrap-up for the month of July!
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.