Welcome to Top 10 Tuesday! This is a weekly challenge hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl, and this week’s challenge is about books that are guaranteed to make you cry!
The original topic for this week was about books guaranteed to put a smile on your face, but I had a hard time coming up with ten for that one. However, I was able to quickly come up with ten books that could make you cry… What does this say about me?? It’s not that I don’t read happy books, but the ones emotional enough to actually make me tear up tend to be more memorable for me. I’m going to try not to psychoanalyze this too much and just admit that I tend to enjoy books that tug at my heartstrings. For this list, I chose books that might make someone cry for a variety of reasons. Whether it be the loss of a loved one, the destruction of our planet, or something else entirely, all of these books have something that’s sure to make you feel something (and possibly make tears spring to your eyes). Without further ado, here are my top ten books for when you need a good cry!
To learn more about a book, click on the photo to find the Goodreads synopsis.
1. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
2. A Thousand Splendid Suns, The Kite Runner, & And the Mountains Echoed by Khaled Hosseini
3. Flowers for Algernon by Daniel Keyes
4. The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah
5. A Life on Our Planet: My Witness Statement and Vision for the Future by David Attenborough
6. Old Yeller by Fred Gipson
7. The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein
8. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
9. Me Before You by Jojo Moyes
10. Bridge to Terabithia by Katherine Paterson
Have you read any of these books? What would your top ten be?
Let me know in the comments!