Welcome to Top 10 Tuesday! This is a weekly challenge hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl, and this week’s challenge is about my favorite narrative nonfiction!
The topic for this week was a freebie, so I decided to highlight some of my favorite narrative nonfiction. My goal for this year was to read more nonfiction (since it’s not a genre that I typically read much of), and I’ve discovered that I actually really love narrative nonfiction! This include sub-genres such as biographies, autobiographies, and memoirs. Memoirs in particular are my favorite. Without further ado, here are my top 10 choices for narrative nonfiction (in no particular order)!
To learn more about a book, click on the photo to find the Goodreads synopsis.
1. Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience and Redemption by Laura Hillenbrand
2. Born A Crime by Trevor Noah
3. I Am Malala by Malala Yousafzai
4. All You Can Ever Know by Nicole Chung
5. Know My Name by Chanel Miller
6. The Devil’s Highway by Luis Alberto Urrea
7. The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls
8. From Scratch: A Memoir of Love, Sicily, and Finding Home by Tembi Locke
9. Maybe You Should Talk to Someone by Lori Gottlieb
10. The World’s Strongest Librarian by Josh Hanagarne
Have you read any of these books? What would your top ten be?
Let me know in the comments!